This 2,660 square foot two story custom home was cut into a hillside lot in Lakeway, Texas to create the driveway approach and the terraced backyard that the client wanted. Of great importance to the client was to achieve an energy efficient eco-friendly Green home. Consideration was given to energy efficiency at every level of design and construction from the orientation of the house to the sun to the all polyurethane foam insulation to the auto timer on the water heater and everything in between.
Energy efficient and eco-friendly Green home features included:
- Sun orientation and window and door sizing.
- Double pane, Low E windows and doors.
- Polyurethane foam insulation system in exterior walls and roof.
- Paperless fiberglass batts in all interior walls and mid floors.
- Factory insulated garage door.
- Electric timer on water heater.
- Energy Star appliances.
- Whole house surge protector.
- Engineered four zoned AC system.
- Whole house dehumidifier.
- Osmosis water system.
- Water purifier system.
- Auto rain cut off sprinkler system.
- Whole house power sensor.
This house was awarded an Energy Star Rating having exceeded the standard requirements by 10 percent and being built to exceed the current code requirements by 30 percent. The testing company said that this was one of the best houses they had tested.