This Energy Star Certified home is an approximately 3,800 square foot two story house which sits on a corner lot with hill country and a limited view of Lake Travis. The tile roof, stucco and stone exterior, vinyl windows and wood garage doors create a very strong exterior.
The floor plan features three bedrooms, 2-1/2 baths, great room, a game room overlooking the first floor, media room, study, formal dining room, large center island kitchen with granite countertops, large laundry room, two car garage, two covered porches, and a covered balcony.
Enter through the beveled glass and mahogany front door to experience the tiled entry punctuated with bronze medallions. This will lead you to the striking Asian Walnut flooring in the great room, dining room, breakfast room, and the kitchen. Along the way, admire the Old World charm of the lighting fixtures, the fans, the use of granite, and the custom ceiling treatments.
This house was awarded an Energy Star Rating having exceeded the current code requirements by 36 percent. The testing company said it is Double R Builders personal best. See what else they had to say.
Energy efficient and eco-friendly Green features include:
- 2×6 at 16″o.c. and advanced framing (2 stud corners, ladder blocking cross bracing) with sealed attic
- Stucco and stone exterior
- Infiltration barrier with Tyvek house wrap including Stucco house wrap
- Moisture protection: house wrap, peel n’ seal tape, sill seal, moist stop, caulk/silicone sealant, flashing, impermeable roof deck underlayment
- OSB sheathing
- Open cell polyurethane spray foam for cavity insulation for all exterior walls, roof, and rim joist insulation and air sealing, and vapor retarder or barrier. R value of 3.8 per 1″ of thickness
- 8 zone high efficiency programmable HVAC heat pump system (AC and heat)
- Programmable thermostat
- 100% of duct work is in conditioned space
- Double pane vinyl Low E windows and fiberglass doors
- Programmable water heater timer
- Programmable 4 zone sprinkler system with auto rain cut off
- Low maintenance Texas native landscaping. The plants are drought tolerant and require little watering after the first season
- Used local Texas stone for the garden walls
- Saved existing trees on property
- Energy Star dishwasher
- Front of house faces North for the least heat gain. Minimal windows on East and West side. 24″ roof overhangs. Deep balconies and covered porches on North and South sides.
- Energy Star Certified. HERS Index: 64. This is 36% better than the code requires.
The Villas at Commander’s Point is an exclusive gated community on Lake Travis sitting above RR620 at the Mansfield Dam. This 40 acre community featuring 76 home sites offers water frontage and greenbelt common area. The architecturally controlled community design requirements include stone and stucco exteriors and tile roofs. There is easy access to downtown, marinas, golf courses, parks, shopping and major employers. The award winning Lake Travis school system services this community.